Friday, February 18, 2011

Question : Apart from sport, do the new television stations make pay television redundant? I mean, if you're sitting on the couch trying to find something to watch, between the six extra commercial stations, you can usually find something. Back when I was living with my parents in the 90s, that was the glory of pay-television - being always (or almost always) able to find something worth watching on one of those mornings when you weren't at university. I guess this comes to mind because we're considering getting pay television, but I can barely find a single station on the 'basic' package that I (or the smurfette) would watch with any regularity.

Of course, I suppose that's the idea - the basic package is really just your foot in the door, and then the icing is the extra money that you pay for the other supplementary groups of stations...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home